SNA Key Area(s): 2-Operations
USDA Professional Standard Code(s): Operations (2000)
OFS in partnership with ICN and a contracted subject matter expert, will deliver a webinar for school nutrition professionals called “Managing Personnel During COVID-19”. This webinar will address communication among stakeholders, adhering to the Americans with Disabilities Act, selecting and handling of cloth face masks, considerations for appropriate screening and exclusion of food service employees from working, and preparing for potential employee illness. The webinar will reflect CDC COVID-19 recommendations and guidelines.
1. Identify the key stakeholders included in a districtwide communication plan.
2. Identify proper face covering types, use, and safe handling practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among staff.
3. Define Americans with Disabilities Act’s and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act regulations regarding confidentiality and exemptions regarding cloth face coverings.
4. Comply with federal requirements for reporting cases of COVID-19 to regulatory agencies.
5. Identify approved prescreening methods for staff, such as taking and recording body temperatures and conditions which preclude work attendance.
6. Prepare for illness among employees and manage through at-home monitoring of quarantine or isolation.